photo botslide.jpg

Homemade Guacamole

7.08.2014

On Tuesdays Brad works an extra job so I'm on my own all night.  Generally I don't feel very hungry at night so I opt for a lighter meal or a smoothie.  Tonight I prepped some fresh guacamole in the Vitamix, using the provided cook book.  I figured I could munch on this & save the rest for lunch tomorrow.  It was just the right meal & guacamole always seems like summer to me.  This dish is super easy to prep & chop full of healthy fats from the avocados. 


Guacamole:

Half of a tomato, divided use
4 ripe avocados
1/2 c chopped onion
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c fresh chopped cilantro
1 tsp salt

1) Place 1/4 tomato, 1/2 an avocado, onion, lemon juice, cilantro, & salt into Vitamix & set to variable 2.

2) Turn machine on & blend until mixed, using the tamper to push ingredients into blades.

3) Add remaining ingredients into the Vitamix & blend again on variable 2 until mixed well.  Serve with tortilla chips.

I love my guacamole thicker & chunkier so I blended until the larger pieces of avocado were broken up.  You could also toss in some corn or a jalapeno for added flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme