photo botslide.jpg

Project Pan: May Update

5.29.2015

project pan

Another month down & several products have gone with it.  This month was a productive one on the Project Pan front as I finished off several items.  The more I rid of, the harder I find it to keep from filling those empty spots in my cabinet.  I did manage to pick up a new shampoo & conditioner this month, even though I have several 'backups' waiting underneath the bathroom sink.  I'm blaming it on the fact that I lightened my hair for summer & needed a color protecting set to help the color last longer.  An excuse?  Sure, but it is what it is...  Without further ado, this month's products:

  • Pixi Correction Concentrate in "Brightening Peach":  I have pretty intense blue circles under my eyes & I use this to help cancel out some of those tones before applying concealer.  It isn't a miracle product but I have yet to find one that is for this purpose.
  • MAC Strobe Cream:  I originally purchased this to use as a cream highlighter but found I liked it better as a primer.  It helps give my skin a healthy glow underneath the mattifying foundation I've been using lately.  I can't say that I'll be repurchasing it though.
  • Origins Super Spot Remover:  I've relied on this product for a few years now to help diminish any spots that pop up.  It is fairly pricey for a tiny bottle so I haven't repurchased it after finishing this one.  I'm considering trying out a more inexpensive one to compare the results.  If you don't mind the price tag, it's definitely worth the splurge though.
  • Bioderma Sebium Cleansing Gel:  I love Bioderma as a whole but had never tried this cleanser.  I saw it in a pharmacy when we were in Portugal & decided to try it out.  It was a decent cleanser but nothing spectacular.  Considering the difficulty obtaining Bioderma in the States, it isn't worth the hassle of repurchasing.
  • Kiehl's Oil-Free Facial Toner:  I somehow manage to mention this in 99% of my beauty posts so there's nothing new for me to say on it.  It should just be sign that I obsessively chat about it.
  • Not Your Mother's Knotty to Nice Conditioning Detangler:  I love NYM (see rave here) & had high hopes for this product, especially since my hair tends to tangle super easily.  It left my hair feeling slightly greasy so I wasn't crazy about it.  I prefer this leave-in conditioner from NYM.
  • First Aid Beauty Anti-Redness Serum: Another product I've raved about over & over.  I'm taking a break from it currently but I'm sure I'll be repurchasing it again soon.
  • Soap & Glory You Won't Believe Your Eyes moisture serum: I did a whole post on this product a few months ago & still think it's a great moisturizing eye serum. 
  • Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel: I purchased this product after hearing Claire talk about it in a YouTube video.  It's supposedly to help target dark spots & correct any discolorations.  It's specifically for sensitive skin so I was excited.  It was definitely a pricey piece & I didn't see results that could justify that price tag.  I'm sure there are less expensive items out there that do a better job.  I just haven't found them yet.
  • Tarte bronzer in "Park Ave Princess": As far as I'm concerned, this is a holy grail bronzer for the fair skinned girls out there.  It does an excellent job warming up your skin without leaving it muddy.
There you have it- this month's Project Pan products!  I can already see my collection shrinking to a much more manageable size.

What products did you finish this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme