photo botslide.jpg

Greek Nachos

2.27.2014

I've really been on a nachos kick lately... Well, Mexican food in general... Ok I'm always on a Mexican kick...  In an effort to not burn myself out on such, I went to Pinterest (of course), in search of a (healthier) alternative.  Probably the only thing I like more than Mexican food is Mediterranean food.  I found this pin for Greek Nachos & thought "Yum!"  The recipe was pretty sparse so we took some liberties & made it our own.  Plus, it doesn't get much simpler than this.
 
Doesn't that make you want to lick the screen?

No Greek meal is complete without lamb.  So we ventured off to Publix in search of ground lamb.  I didn't really expect to find any considering I've never seen it out before.  We planned to use ground turkey if we couldn't find lamb.  Luckily, we found two packages off ground lamb but at $9.99/lb I almost wished we hadn't.  We splurged for the lamb & decided to go ahead with two packs, in order to have plenty of leftovers for lunches this week.  You could definitely get by with only 1 lb though.

  • Brown the ground lamb in cumin & onion powder (season to taste)
While the meat browns, you can whip up the tzatziki sauce.  We've always used this recipe when making this yogurt sauce.  If you wanted to be really ambitious I suppose you could make your own pita chips by baking a pre-made pita or even making your own pita bread from scratch.  We've had a bag of Stacy's multigrain pita chips collecting dust in our pantry for some time.  I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use them.

Top your pita chips with ground lamb & throw on your fixings.  We're not fans of olives in this house so we opted for diced tomatoes & cucumbers with lots & lots of feta.  Drizzle your nachos with the tzatziki sauce, top with fresh mint, & enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme