photo botslide.jpg

Tropical Green Smoothie

2.27.2014

We've had a few warm days here in Alabama recently & it's put the spring fever in me.  Today when I got home from work I decided to sit out in the warm sunshine, with a good book, & a refreshing snack.  I had some kale & mango that were reaching their expiration points so I decided to whip something up with both.  Perfect treat? A creamy, delicious smoothie!
I keep both fresh & frozen fruits on hand for fast & easy smoothies in the morning before work.  I threw in a hodge podge of ingredients for a tropical little retreat from the forecasted 25 degrees for this evening.  Enjoy!

Tropical Green Smoothie:
  • 2 tbsp flaxseed (for added fiber)
  • 1/2 - 1 c of unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 of a mango
  • 1/2 of a banana
  • two large handfuls of kale (for iron)
  • 1 c of frozen pineapple
  • 2 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt (for protein)
I prefer my smoothies a little thicker texture (similar to a milkshake) rather than liquid-y.  If this doesn't met your preference you could leave out the Greek yogurt & add more coconut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme