photo botslide.jpg

How to Get Silky Soft Feet for Summer

5.19.2014

Here in Alabama, we're already in full swing to summer.  We generally have about two weeks worth of lovely spring weather before the summer heat & humidity roll in.  As a result, I've been breaking out my favorite sandals.  Of course no one wants to be caught in a cute pair of gladiators with crusty heels (quite the attractive image, right?)!  A few weeks back I started prepping my soles to make their 2014 appearance.  My sure fire tip for silky soft feet involves only three products & it costs you less than $5.


I don't often treat myself to a pedicure unless it's a special occasion.  I'm not keen on shelling out $50 for something I could do at home myself, if I weren't too lazy.  I don't enjoy people touching my feet so I don't find pedicures to be particularly relaxing.  Not to mention, I'm one of those weird individuals that feels I need to have attractive feet before letting someone else work on them.  It's like showing up to the salon with horrific hair.  I just can't do it.  Now I realize this completely defeats the purpose of going to these places & having someone else tend to them, but what can I say?  That's just me... I feel like if I don't put my best *ahem* foot forward (sorry- I had to...) then I'd just be embarrassed to have them see it.  It also doesn't help that I'm completely paranoid that those little ladies are giggling about my feet as they chat in their native tongue & laugh hysterically.

I decided it was time to meet Mr. Pumice.  I'm sure you can find these bars anywhere but I just get mine from Sally's.  You can pick one up for $2-$3 & they have several different varieties.  I went with the purple one (extra coarse) because I was ready to get down to business!  You could really take a knife & cut the bar into halves or thirds to make it last longer because you really don't need a whole bar.  I've found the easiest way to remember to do it is to keep it in my shower, where I've just made it a part of my regular shower routine.  Just wet the bar while you're in the shower & scrub your way to softer feet.  Rinse off the bar & reuse it until the coarseness is worn down.  I make sure to scrub my feet 2-3 times a week, depending on how rough they feel.  After I get out of the shower, I pat my feet dry & slather a heaping amount of any moisturizer on.  Then I slide on some socks & sleep in those.  The first morning after, I was completely amazed at the results.  After one use, my heels were completely softened.  My mother even commented one day how smooth they were!  This routine takes no more than 5 minutes & you couldn't ask for a cheaper & easier way to get perfectly soft feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme