photo botslide.jpg

Project Pan: March Update

4.06.2015

empties

Another month has passed & with it I've managed to dwindle down a few more beauty products.
  • Macadamia Rejuvenating Shampoo:  I came across this shampoo at TJ Maxx one day.  I love the deep repair hair masque so I thought I'd give the shampoo a go.  Unfortunately, I was less impressed with this product.  It left my hair with a slight greasy feel to it thanks to the oil so I never really felt like my hair was clean.
  • Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution: I've had a few sample sizes of this product & fell in love with it.  After much debate I bit the bullet & purchased the (oh-so-expensive) full size bottle.  I'm not sure what happened here but my opinion has changed.  I wasn't able to tell any difference in the appearance of my dark spots after going through a whole bottle.  Perhaps I'll go for another sample size to test the results but at this point I can't justify spending the money on this product for the results.
  • Hard Candy Fox in a Box in "Truth or Dare":  This bronzer/blush combo ended up breaking into pieces once I started making progress on the bronzer.  I wasn't impressed with the payoff of the blush & found the bronzer super hard to blend for a natural look.  Fortunately it wasn't expensive so I wasn't too upset over it breaking into a million little pieces. 
  • Bioderma Sensibio H20:  Daily staple.  This is the only product I use (aside from the occasional coconut oil for waterproof mascara) to remove my makeup.  I swear by it & it's the only thing I plan to ever use for makeup removal.
  • Lush Dirty Shower Gel: What can you say about a shower gel?  It cleaned the dirt off?  It did it's job & I enjoyed the smell.  I love that Lush products are made from natural ingredients so you never have to worry about any nasty stuff being thrown in there.
  • RoC Restoring Night Cream:  This product seems to be a bit too intense for someone of my age range.  It also didn't jive well with my sensitive skin so it's getting passed on to my mom.  Maybe she'll find it better suited to her night cream needs.
  • Real Techniques sponge:  I've been using this sponge for some time now & even though I've washed it plenty, I'm sure my skin would appreciate tossing it for a fresh one.  I do love using this complexion sponge to help blend in my foundation or any cream products.  It gives them a more natural look.  I definitely prefer the $6 price tag over the overpriced Beauty Blender.
  • Laura Mercier mineral powder:  I was super excited to finally finish off this hefty tub of mineral foundation.  For a powder, it has decent coverage without making you look too powdery or cakey.  I love how light weight it feels.  I'll consider repurchasing it in the future but for now I'll be finishing off a few more of my foundations.
  • Maybelline Falsies mascara:  Another mascara has bitten the dust.  I used to be a big fan of this.  Ever since I made the migration over to waterproof though, I seem to have lost the love I had for regular mascaras.  This tube seemed to dry out & become chunky really quickly so it got the toss.
That's all the products I managed to finish off this month.  So far this year I've made good on my promise to not repurchase any beauty products.  I'm starting to make some serious progress filtering through all my products & can't wait to get my collection down to a manageable size.

What products did you finish up this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme