photo botslide.jpg

Rosemary Rhubarb Lemonade

6.24.2014

I absolutely love the tartness of rhubarb.  I had never tried it until our honeymoon in Ireland where it grows abundantly.  After my first slice of strawberry rhubarb pie I was hooked!  I've been trying to incorporate it into recipes & am consistently adding it to my morning smoothies for that extra bite.  One of my favorite blogs, The Merrythought, recently posted a delicious summery drink that I couldn't wait to try.  I tweaked it a bit & voila!- summer in a glass!  Enjoy!

Rosemary Rhubarb Lemonade:

2 cups chopped rhubarb
1/2 cup Splenda
3/4 cup water
3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2/3 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Put rosemary, rhubarb, water & Splenda into a sauce pan & bring to a boil. After the mixture has boiled for about two minutes, reduce & let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Strain the mixture & combine with the lemon juice. Add a few cups of water/ice depending on how strong you want your mixture. Garnish with lemon slices & rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme