photo botslide.jpg

Shaun T's Focus T25

9.30.2014

As part of my 30 by 30, I've found myself back in workout mode.  I bore quickly of the standard gym rat routine- treadmill, isolation machines, free weights, yadda yadda yadda... I was looking for a way to workout at home without having to purchase tons of equipment.  I also wanted a way to strengthen my body using calisthenics but without having to dedicate hours out of my day.  Enter T25...


Shaun T is the creator of Insanity, another popular workout program.  And as the name implies, I feel like it's way too hard core for me.  Focus T25 takes just 25 minutes a day & is pretty much equipment free.  Now I know what you're thinking- "Julie, 25 minutes?  There's no way you get a full work out in that short of time!"  Let me tell you- those 25 minutes of focus interval training have me sweating & dying more than an hour running on the treadmill would.  You'll realize how long 25 minutes can be & you'll definitely feel it the next day.

The program is broken up into two cycles: alpha & beta.  Alpha cycle is a 6 week program & you have a different dvd for each workout (5 workouts, one rest day, & one stretch day).  The alpha cycle consists of cardio, speed 1.0, total body circuit, ab intervals, & lower focus.  It requires no equipment & will wear you out!  My first few days I was absolutely dying & had to stick with the modified version for some parts of the workouts.  After my first week, I noticed a huge difference & realized I was already stronger.  Even when I couldn't see a difference physically, I definitely felt the difference because I was able to move away from the modified version & keep up with the crew.

The second cycle of the program is the beta cycle.  It consists of core cardio, speed 2.0, rip't circuit, dynamic core, & upper focus.  This cycle does require some minimal equipment like dumbbells.  The box set I ordered off Amazon came with the discs, a resistance band, the workout calendar, quick start guide, & a nutrition plan.  You also get all the online support you can handle from Beach Body.

I can't say I'm ready for my infomercial photo shoot yet, but I definitely can tell a difference in my stamina & cardio already.  If you're looking for a way to switch up your workout routine, give T25 a shot.  You won't be sorry- you'll just be sore...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme