photo botslide.jpg

"The times they are a changin'..."

10.21.2014

There's something about the seasons changing that makes me feel the need to declutter.  Now my husband would say it wouldn't take a change of seasons as much as it would a change of underwear.  I.  love. to purge.  I mean- I really love to clean out crap & need no excuse if I'm being honest.  But something about the change in the weather just makes me feel like it's time to change everything around me from my wardrobe to my mindset.


In central Alabama, we pretty much have broiling summer from anywhere around May to the end of October.  As a result, I get really excited when the weather finally starts to cool.  I only wish it would last!  One day it will be perfect fall weather & two days later it is back in the mid to high 80s. 

None the less, the change in weather kick starts a change in my mentality.  It's like a fresh start.  A chance to shed last season like a snake shedding its skin (gross).  With the feeling of fall this week, I took the time to get some mental health time.  I also have started spending less time in front of electronics & more time reading & enjoying quiet time around the house.  Of course I have used it to go through each room in the house & rid of any unused, unwanted, or unneeded item.  Now it's time to start listing items on Amazon & donating! 

If you're feeling overwhelmed & scatterbrained, try cleaning out some of clutter from your life.  Clean off your desk, downsize your wardrobe, or purge your fridge.  The less stuff you have lingering around, the less overwhelmed you'll feel.

Tips for cleaning out:
- Start small & work your way up.  Try cleaning out your purse for starters & move on to bigger projects from there.
- Go one room at a time.  In each room, start with one section- like a drawer from your dresser.  Before you know it, you'll have the whole dresser done & be ready to move on to something bigger.
- When cleaning out your closet, be honest with yourself.  Have you not worn that sweater in a year?  Do those jeans not really fit?  Ditch them.
- Separate your items into three different piles: keep, toss, donate.  If something is still in decent shape, try donating it or better yet- sell it.  You'll feel way better if you know you can get some cash back for that neglected item.  Try Amazon, Craigslist, eBay, or garage/yard sales.  You could even do a clothing swap with friends.
- If you start feeling overwhelmed, take a step back.  Remember that they're just material items, not memories. 

Hopefully these tips will help you work your way towards a cleaner home/work space & better yet, a cleaner mind.  I can't wait to see what this new season brings with it & I look forward to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme