photo botslide.jpg

My Travel Makeup Bag

12.08.2014

whats in my travel makeup bag
Hello all!
After my recent chat about St. Petersburg Beach, I thought I'd do a little post to talk about what I packed in my makeup bag.  Mainly because I'm nosy & like to see what's in other people's bags so why not share the love?

We were only gone for 5 days & since we drove I felt like I could be a little more liberal with my packing than I am whenever I fly.  I love this Sonia Kashuk bag for all my makeup & beauty related products.  I purchased it a couple of years ago from Target & it has been a great investment.  It has so many pockets & spaces to store things!
sonia kashuk
sonia kashuk
I love how the bag has two separate sides- so I can put all my makeup on one & all my shower essential on the other.  When it comes to traveling, I've found your best companion is sample size items.  I often get perfume, shampoo, face wash, etc. samples whenever I make full size purchases.  I always hold on to these for when I travel because I can just use the sample & toss it!  Another travel tip- repurpose unused contact cases for products.  It seems every time I go to the eye doctor I end up being sent home with another mini contact solution & contact case.  I use daily contacts (the best thing ever- if you don't use them, go for it- you won't regret it!) so I have no use for all these old contact cases.  Until it comes to traveling!  I'll fill these cases with some of my daily moisturizer or eye cream & take along with me.  They travel so much easier than full size bottles & there's no shortage of these cases at my house.

On to the makeup...
makeup
I generally try to use this whole 'sample' tactic when it comes to packing my makeup as well.  However, my stash was running a bit low this time around so I ended up just taking my full size products.

Base:foundation products

  • Smashbox Hydrating Undereye Primer: As I've mentioned over & over, I have absurdly dry undereyes.  This product really helps moisturize that area while simultaneously prepping for my concealer.
  • Pixi Correction Concentrate:  This little miracle worker really does a great job of hiding the blue tones under my eyes.  The only down side is that it can be a bit drying since it's a thicker product.  
  • Garnier Skin Renewal Anti-Dark Circle: I'm not really a huge fan of this product because it is so thin.  I don't feel like it really covers my dark circles.  I'm mainly just trying to use it up so I can chunk it but this product WILL NOT DIE.  It's never ending.  
  • Bare Minerals Well Rested Powder: As though those two aren't enough, I then throw on a third concealer.  (Can you tell I'm paranoid about dark circles?)  I really like this powder to set the other two concealers, as it is really brightening.
  • Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation: This foundation does a decent job of covering most of my spots & evening out my skintone.
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer: I'll use this to spot conceal any redness or blemishes that weren't covered by the foundation.
  • MAC Cream Colour Base in "pearl": This product is excellent for highlighting my cheekbones, nose, & inner corner of my eyes.
  • Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in "hollow": This is the pale girl's best friend when it comes to contouring!
  • NYC's "Sunny" Bronzer:This bronzer is great for warming up my complexion because it gives a sun-kissed look without being too dark or too orange.
  • Sonia Kashuk's creme blusher in "petal": This shade is the perfect rosy cheek color & I love how natural creme products look.

Eyes:eye makeup

  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze": I love using this product to prime my lids for eyeshadow.  It's also a great stand alone product & couldn't be easier to use.
  • Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte palette: Clearly this is a well-loved palette.  I use it everyday for my highlight & even to fill in my brows.  I love the color selection & find myself reaching for it daily!
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner in "sable brown": I'm trying to finish off this little nub of an eyeliner but it seems to keep going like the Energizer bunny.  I'm not crazy about this product because it doesn't have excellent staying power in my waterline.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in "zero": I love how black this liner is but I feel like you could find something equally as good in the drug store for a lot cheaper.
  • Loreal liquid eyeliner in "carbon black": This felt tip pen goes on ultra-black which I love but I wish the tip was a little thinner for maximum control over the thickness of my winged eyeliner.
  • Tarte Emphaseyes Inner Rim Brightener: This flesh toned liner is great for brightening up my waterline.  It doesn't have the best staying power though. 
  • ELF clear brow gel:  You can't beat $1 product for holding those brows in place!
  • Covergirl Lashblast Volumizing Mascara (waterproof): I love trying out mascaras but I always seem to come back to this one.  I haven't found anything that gives me full, separated lashes as well as this one.  The waterproof version is a pain to get off but it holds the curl so much better.
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara: This tiny little guy does an excellent job of separating out those lower lashes & giving them a thin coat of mascara.  I initially thought this was a really gimmicky product but it's quickly become a staple in my routine.

Lips:

lipsticks

Tools:cosmetic tools

  • Trim tweezers: Hands down, no other brand compares.  I love the angled point tweezers best as they are the easiest for cleaning up my brows.
  • Japonesque Eyelash Curler: I used to go through drug store curlers like underwear until I discovered Japonesque.  They have a lifetime pad replacement that makes it worth the extra few bucks.
I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into my travel makeup bag.  Maybe you've even picked up a couple of tips for your next journey!

What are some of your favorite go-to products for traveling?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme