photo botslide.jpg

Project Pan: February Update

2.25.2015

project pan

Last month I talked about my plans to participant in a year of Project Pan.  I'm only one month in & already getting rid of things left & right!  I made a pact with myself that I wouldn't purge my collection by just tossing unloved items.  For the most part, I've done well with that.  I did manage to toss one product this month that I'm just not pleased with.  Here are a few mini-reviews:

project pan
  • NYC Bronzer in "Sunny":  This is a great, inexpensive bronzer for my fellow pale skinned gals.  It goes on lightly so you can build up to the desired level & it won't make you appear muddy & orange.
  •  Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze":  I was pretty friggin' excited to finally finish one of these cream shadows.  I've had this bad boy for seriously like 2 years (maybe not so hygenic) & never thought I would finish it.  I really loved this product for an eyeshadow base or as a stand alone product.
  • Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow All Over Radiance Creme in "Iced Gold":  I'm pretty sure they don't even make this product anymore but I have really enjoyed using this as an everyday highlight.  I have just a little bit more before this will be another empty!  I prefer cream products during the winter to help bring a little hydration back into my skin.  
  • Hard Candy Baked Blush in "Living Doll":  I'm scrubbing the bare bottom of this product to get my money's worth but it should finish up in the next few days.  This product really could be considered a blush & highlight in one.  It's a flushed pink color that, quite honestly, isn't my fave.
  • EOS lip balm in "Sweet Mint":  I used to be semi-obsessed with EOS lip balms, particularly the sweet mint.  Ok so I love anything mint.  This egg shaped lip balm is also on it's last leg but I definitely don't think I'll be repurchasing it.  I've decided EOS is one of those companies where the balm really dehydrates your lips in order to get you to use the product more often.  At least that's how I feel after each application.  But it still smells delicious!
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in "Blueberry Blast":  When I saw this color in the store I immediately thought "I have to have that!"  I love Sally Hansen nail polishes & have always been impressed with their quality.  Once I got this home I lost a little faith in ole' Sally.  This was a super streaky, thin color that took at least 4 coats to become somewhat opaque.  Once you got it to an opaque consistency it was so thick & sticky there was no hope of ever getting it to dry.  It's the one product I allowed myself to toss even though it wasn't used up.
 
project pan
  • Tarte Emphaseyes Cream Eyeshadow in "Shimmering Golden Beige":  Unfortunately I didn't get a whole lot of use out of this product because it dried up so fast.  I'm always sure to store all my cream products upside down to ensure they last longer, but it didn't help in this case.  The few times I did use this cream eyeshadow I was really disappointed in the patchiness & uneven coverage it left on my lids.
  • Revlon Colorstay gel eyeliner in "Black":  This was another dried up product that got the toss.  I used this quite a bit for tight-lining my upper lash line.  The color dries quickly & lasts all day but it tends to smudge by the end of the day.
project pan
  •  Kat von D Tattoo Liner in "Trooper":  The really cool thing about this product is that it's actually a brush applicator, like a paint brush so you always get a really precise point.  Unfortunately, mine seems to have dried up or run out of product super fast.  I felt like I only used this liner for a month or two, not even every day, & it went kaput.  For the price tag I feel like it should last a bit longer.
  • ELF clear brow gel:  You can't beat this $1 product to keep your brows in place all day!
  • Garnier Anti-dark Circle roller:  I am SO happy to announce that I FINALLY finished this product.  You definitely get your money's worth from this product because it seems like it never ends!  It's a much thinner concealer (which I liked) but didn't have great coverage for my dark circles (which I didn't like).
  • Go Smile On the Go teeth whitening pen:  I picked this up on Groupon a while back & started using it recently.  I have ultra-sensitive teeth & was really happy to know that this didn't make them hurt.  I used it nightly & was able to see a difference within a week or two.
 
project pan
  • Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral matte palette:  I purchased this palette about a year ago at Target & it has been the best little kit.  It was inexpensive & has lasted forever.  For a drugstore product, it has a huge range of matte shadows that can give you a variety of looks.  I even use it to fill in my brows.  It's bittersweet seeing that I'm hitting pan on (or completely using up) several of the shadows.
It feels great being able to toss these products & make room in my drawers.  I can't wait to see what products I'm able to finish up next month!

Are you doing Project Pan also?  What products were you able to finish up this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme